Sunday, July 26, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
-Daniel HATED his job at Goodman at first, but now only somewhat hates it after overcoming the shock of what a "financial analyst" actually does. He is starting to get in the groove and is finally feeling like he might not be so expendable...which is good news. He works a ton (but not compared to most of the other "corporate slaves" around him) leaving for work around 7 am and returning home around 6:30 pm. He spends the majority of his work time deciphering confusing and wrongly inputed data and creating reports on such things as warranties and assembly costs. Not really his cup-of-tea but he is grateful to have a good job none the less and hopes to move on to something more suited to his strengths sometime in the "near-ish" future.
-Peyton just turned 2 years old which is so crazy! He got a battery operated 4-wheeler from the gradparents and lots of cars and trucks which are his latest obsession. He is doing FABULOUS, growing stong although he is still a little small for his age (about 18 month clothing size), but he is smart and stable and is picking up on everything! He is talking quite a bit and likes to steal my phone when I'm not looking to leave unintelligable messages on peoples voicemails. His favorite person in the world is DADDA with Bamba (grandpa) coming in at a close 2nd. He loves swimming and riding on the boat with our friends. He is such a miracle and I can't believe that he is already 2 years old! I wish everyday that he'd stop getting older and stay my little munchkin forever.
-The biggest news with us though is that after a couple months of searching for a home, we have decided to actually BUILD a house! I of course am elated beyond belief and can't wait for it to be finished in September. After doing the math and considering all the options, it just made more sense to build instead of buy. The house is DIVINE and is in a beautiful golfcourse neighborhood in Cypress (North West Houston area). It is one story, 2250 sqft, 4 bedroom, formal dining, island kitchen, etc. Undoubtedly the best one story floorplan I've seen. We're so excited and nervous and I can't wait to get in and decorate!
-Nothing else is really new with me. I have a new nephew named Carter that was born yesterday to my sister Christen and her hubby Matt. He came a month early taking everyone by suprise when the doctor felt his little toes down in the birth canal at just a regular check up. She delivered him c-section because he was breech (whats with us Carter girls and our breech babies?) and everything went smooth and dandy. He is a good size for being early, coming in at 6lbs 8oz and 19 inches long. Hes sooooo sweet and makes me baby hungry for another one of our own. Anyway, other than that, I am hard at work trying to get more business to my new etsy site www.Skidamarink.etsy.com which I'm selling handmade accessories and clothing for women and kiddos. I also am trying to get back into home decorating and possibly some home staging while the housing market is still in need. Other than that, I hang out with Peyton and dream about having my own house soon.
Well, thats about it! Sorry for taking so long to update this thing! Maybe I'll get Daniel to update it next. :)
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Here’s a few reason why I’m in love with my gorgeous Catherine on this Valentine’s Day: (Disclaimer: The following content may be perceived as mooshy, non-masculine, and may cause high levels of nausea or vomiting)
· Her Dimples: When she smiles at me, the left dimple is deeper than her right. I could probably measure how much she loves me on a given day by the depth of that dimple.
· I love her singing voice: During my first semester of college before we started dating, Catherine sang a song she wrote on the guitar during Christmas break. It was a love song and I deep down wished it was about me. (It was probably about one of the other 4 guys she was juggling during that time). It was the first time I had heard her sing. I fell in love with her soft, angelic voice immediately and it played in my head over and over again. I had to be with her.
· When I was about 8 years old, Catherine ran up and kissed me on the cheek. Although it was a childish joke, I had a crush ever since. She doesn’t remember this actually….but I definitely still do.
· Her hands: I don’t know if it’s because of all the years playing impressive music on the piano, or painting amazing pieces of art, her hands are perfect. Sometimes I just watch her hands as she writes or plays piano. It’s kind of a weird fetish …I know…but her hands are truly a God given gift and it shows.
· No one has as good of a heart as Catherine. She genuinely loves others. She also has the ability to perfectly empathize with others. When people she knows experience sadness in their lives, she also physically experiences their pain. I’m way too lucky to be at the center of it.
· Her fun personality: When I went to her prom my junior year, she took me to a Rec center and we spent most of the day before the dance playing one-on-one basketball. How cool is that! (I won’t be including anything about who won or lost...it’s not important) Quick fact: I might have…kind of broke her nose while playing basketball later when we were engaged……
I am proud of my wife—She has been through so much these past few years and she done an incredible job handling it. I admire her heart and strength. I hope that today you’ll know that I love you, I’m proud of you, you’re smoking hot… and I can’t help but love you always….
Happy V-Day Sweetheart!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
So being a stay at home mom can be...difficult...to say the least, but it definately has its perks too! For example, I had no idea that I loved making things out of feathers and fabric so much! If I was working all the time outside the home I would've never discovered this talent and obsession! Anyway, so I've been creating feathery "doodads" (as my dad calls them) and cute toddler/baby clothes! So check it out and tell all your friends! You can go to www.CatsCranny.etsy.com to see everything and place an order!