Friday, August 15, 2008

Ready to Work

Hello everyone! Thought I'd post real quick about Daniel's internship stuff. So Daniel DID fet hired on with a great company (phew) here in Houston. Their called Goodman something or other (Daniel will not be happy that I can't remember the name) and they are the 2nd largest manufacturer and distributor of heating and air conditioning systems. Daniel will be working on a pretty big project that has to do with international sales which he is pretty excited about and will look great on a resume. He will most likely start next week although we're waiting to find out when exactly and they have offered to start him at $15 an hour which is more than what we were expecting (always nice). Daniel has had a long month off to sleep in and "do nothing" so he is well rested and ready to work. Along with his internship, it looks like I might be taking over Travis's job (Daniel's little brother) when he goes back up to school in a couple weeks. It will be a very laid back job with decent pay working in the laundry facilities at the LDS temple which happens to be just around the corner from here. If they decide they need me, I will be getting $9 an hour and will be working no more than 20 hours a week. Nona has offered to watch Peyton so it will work out great if I get it. A little extra money would be nice plus it would get me out of the house. We will see!
For family news we are pleased to announce that we have a new nephew! Daniel's older brother's wife Courtney had their second baby a few days ago, a very cute 9 lb baby boy they named Jack. I can't believe how big he is! Courtney is so tiny you would never think a 9 lb baby would be possible for her! Jack is literally more than 8 times the size of Peyton when he was born! Of course that isn't that unusual considering Peyton was a 1 lb baby! :) Anyway, we are all headed to San Antonio tomorrow to meet Jack and see his mommy and daddy and I can't wait! I know its going to make me very baby hungry! I already am! It is funny that I spent so much energy wishing for Peyton to grow and now that he has gotten so big I wish he would stop and just stay my little cute baby! Its crazy what a baby will do to a girl. It makes us all googley eyed and loopy.

4 comments:

Devri said...

congrats! all the job situations sound great! glad that things are all working out for you guys!

Jackie said...

Sounds like things are getting more settled for you guys. :) I sure hope everything starts working out flawlessly!

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

Wow that is nice you all have had a month! i'm glad he got such a good job. that'll be nice if you can get a little job too! we MISS YOU!! its getting colder and colder every night... i'm nervous!!!

Sharon said...

Catherine--here's a quick note so you can check my blog.
BTW--Peyton is *so* cute. Those pictures are great!