Monday, December 3, 2007

Holiday Chaos

Its been a crazy couple of weeks! Our apartment flooded when a tree root grew into the sewage pipe and backed it up. We couldn't let Peyton be around that kind of filthy atmosphere so Peyton and I headed on home to Idaho to stay with my parents until the owner got it taken care of and all cleaned up. Daniel stayed in the nasty apartment so that he could continue to go to work and school and we missed him so much! HE came up for Thanksgiving though so that was nice. While at my parents house my little brother got sick with pneumonia and had to stay out in the camper while Peyton and I were there. One night while just Peyton, my little sister, and I were home Adam (my little brother) came inside looking really pale and panting heavily. He nearly passed out before I could get him to the chair to sit down. I tried to get him to drink some water while my little sister took Peyton to the other end of the house. His body temperature was low and he was shivering and complaining that he was cold. His heart rate was 130 bpms and I was very worried that he was extremely dehydrated. He needed to go to the hospital but I couldn't leave Peyton to take him and I couldn't get a hold of anyone so I had to call 911 and have the ambulance come get him. Eventually I got a hold of my mom and she went and met him at the hospital. Apparently my suspicions were correct and he was very dehydrated. They kept him at the hospital for half the night and gave him 3 liters of IV fluid and put him on an antibiotic. It was pretty crazy but I'm glad he was alright. In the past month Peyton has had surgery, my apartment has flooded twice, I moved in with my parents for two weeks, my cousin committed suicide, and I called 911 for my brother. Why is it that when crazy things happen they happen all at once? Needless to say, we'll be just fine if December brings no adventure whatsoever. Peyton and I are loving being home again with Daniel even though Daniel has been consumed with work and school lately trying to wrap up with good grades and some extra cash before we move at the end of the month to Rexburg. I will be happy when we are all settled again in a new place closer to friends and family. I think we'll like our new apartment better too. It is a new place so hopefully that means we won't have problems with it like we have here. We hope alls well with all of you and like always, we'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cath, glad you guys are back on your feet! what a crazy month! Good luck with December!

Monica Newell said...

Sounds like you've had a crazy month. We are so excited that you'll be up in Rexburg next semester. See you soon!
-John, Monica and Ezias