Friday, April 4, 2008

Change of plans...

So...Daniel didn't get the Target internship after all. Big bummer. It was actually pretty ridiculous the way they went about his interviews and such. He first interviewed with them in February, then had several other interviews with various Target people over an entire month, all of whom acted like Daniel was "just what they were looking for", and then just before the begining of the summer semester they finally told him via e-mail that they had given the job to someone else. Yeah...we were pretty suprised and annoyed that they would lead him on like that. Especially since he turned down other internships and opportunities that wanted an answer back at the end of February. So Daniel has had to go back to the dean of the business program and beg to get into IBC this summer since it was full when he found out about the Target internship. He was let in eventually to IBC and now he feels like things have probably worked out for the best. I'm glad he can be positive about the whole thing. Its been a real pain in the rear. So now the plan is that he will continue working on campus through the summer and do his IBC (a class that requires you to run a business from start to finish throughout the semester) and then apply for fall internships. It'll workout I'm sure and he will still be able to graduate next April.
Well thats the latest on that! Write more later!

2 comments:

Talia said...

Hey, I hope you don't mind my peeking, but I found your blog through a friends. I live in Idaho Falls and I too have a preemie. He was born Jan. 13, 2007 10 weeks early, weighing 3 pounds 1 ounce. As scary as it was, I knew someone somewhere was going through something much harder...like you! 16 WEEKS PREAMTURE!?!? WOW!

Like I said before, I hope you don't mind my peeking. I just wanted to let you know I think a NICU support group is a great idea! Keep up the good work!

-Talia Douglass

Streett's said...

Hey Catherine, Thanks for recommending Dr. Later! We really like him!