Sunday, March 9, 2008

Internship

Just thought that I would post an update on the internship search. I had two interviews last week, one with JM Smuckers and the other with Target. I was primarily going after JM Smuckers since they have been in Fortune Magazines Best 100 companies to work for in the U.S. (being in the top 25 for eight years in a row). Plus, their internship payed pretty well and also paid for the housing...which by the way was right on the beach in Oxnard California! It was a pretty exciting opportunity. I was offered the position, but after going through everything we would need to keep Peyton's health care, occupational therapists, etc. we discovered that moving out of state would really complicate things. Although very exciting it would be, it wasn't right for our family, so I turned them down....regretfully. Right now I have one more interview with Target, which would be a local internship here in Idaho Falls. They pay very well, and I'm actually excited about staying in Rexburg for the summer. Catherine also has a lot of work cut out for her with the parent support group at the NICU in Idaho Falls and with the March of Dimes March for Babies coming up in June. I guess when you grow up and have kids, you have to give up those exciting opportunities to live on the beach for free. It's worth it all in the end, and I'm actually pretty excited about this Target opportunity.

1 comment:

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

Well we are also excited you chose to stay here with us! we will have the best summer! you won't ever regret your decisions once this summer comes! I am SO excited to see Peyton's glasses! how cute! sorry we haven't seen each other in forever, we're trying to hurry up and get better so Peyton can come over soon! wesley asks about him a lot.