Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hibernating

It is still soooo cold outside here in Rexburg! It got down to -27 the other night! BRRRRR! Peyton and I are keeping warm hibernating for the winter while papa bear is out freezing in the cold hiking on campus everyday. Daniel is really liking his schedule this semester. He is taking 14 credits and works 18 hours a week as a peer advisor on campus. He is enjoying his job, there is a lot of downtime, and he gets a lot of his homework done during work which is great. I try my best to keep myself busy with Peyton but it gets really boring being stuck inside our little apartment every day. I have been exercising daily and trying to eat right so that I can fit back into my old clothes. Its tough and frustrating but Daniel keeps me motivated cheering me on from the couch with his tub of chocolate ice cream. It really stinks that he can not work out and eat whatever he wants and stay the exact same size! I feel silly that I have gotten so much bigger since I can't really blame it on my 1 and a half pound baby. :) But the hormonal changes and stress and staying home has all caught up to me and its time to get my old body back. At least it gives me something to do everyday.
Aunt Christen and Uncle Matt came on Monday. It was so great to hang out with them and let Peyton meet another uncle. I think Matt really liked him. I know Christen is in love with Peyton. We're all "chubby chasers" now! :)
On Friday Peyton and I met with the social worker and the lady in charge of the NICU in Idaho Falls to meet and greet and discuss our plans for the new Parent Support program we want to start. They were so wonderful and were very excited that I was so excited about helping them get something going. There is still some red tape to get through before we can really get going, I need a backround check and a TB test before I am allowed in the NICU, but we are at least on our way and I am thrilled to be doing something with our experience.
Peyton is pretty much completely off his oxygen now! We only put it on him if his saturations start to drop or when he sleeps but he has done really well without it for the past four days straight, even at night. It is so nice to have a cordless baby for the first time ever. I can put him in his baby sling and carry him around with me without having to drag a big tank around behind us. I can tell Peyton feels relieved to to not have anything in his nose anymore. We are very excited and are so grateful still at how well he has turned out.
Well, thats a lot of news so I guess I'll stop but I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Cath! So about the baby weight... it sucks I know. I seemed to gain more weight after I had Cody than when I was pregnant with him. what birth control are you on? That may have a lot to do with it! (that may not be appropriate for the blog but it really could be what is keeping you from losing weight.) I finally switched and dropped 15lbs in 3 weeks!

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

hey that girls night was a blast. next week same time (well maybe earlier) same place!

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

oh my heck that picture of Peyton smiling is SOOOOOOOOO cute! I showed Wesley that pic and asked who it was and to my surprise he said "pey-en"!